Frank William Boreham 1871-1959

Frank William Boreham 1871-1959
A photo F W Boreham took of himself in 1911

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Boreham on Martin Luther’s Best Preacher

I came, too, upon Luther's tribute to his robin.

‘I have one preacher, he says, ‘that I love better than any other upon earth; it is my little tame robin, which preaches to me daily. I put his crumbs upon my window-sill, especially at night. He hops on to the sill when he wants his supply, and takes as much as he desires to satisfy his need. From thence he always hops on to a little tree close by, and lifts up his voice to God and sings his carol of praise and gratitude, tucks his little head under his wing, and goes fast to sleep, and leaves to-morrow to look after itself. He is the best preacher that I have on earth.’

F W Boreham, ‘The Minor Prophets’ Mountains in the Mist (London: Charles H Kelly1914), 33.

Image: ‘He is the best preacher that I have on earth.’