Frank William Boreham 1871-1959

Frank William Boreham 1871-1959
A photo F W Boreham took of himself in 1911

Monday, April 10, 2006

Your Comments About F W Boreham

Geoff, I first heard about FWB while working with Dr. Ravi Zacharias. He asked me to peruse a certain book by an author I had never heard of, and glean any illustrations which were biblical in nature. I enjoyed reading and so I thought, "Why not? Maybe I can learn something here."

I started leafing through this little worn book and began to read "Hatpins and Button Hooks." I was hooked! I never imagined that one afternoon of reading would propel me to New Zealand, Australia and the U.K. and while in these locales, spend so much time scouring used bookshops!

FWB's use of the English language is second-to-none and his obvious love for life shines through his writings. I always enjoy reading the stories from his early days regarding some of the characters that were a part of his life.

I find much commonality with him, as I serve as a pastor. He's been a mentor to me.

Thanks for the opportunity to share these few thoughts.

Regards,
Jeff Cranston

Jeffrey S. Cranston, D. Min.
Senior Pastor LowCountry Community Church
---------------
You are also invited to share your thoughts on the questions:

When and how did you first learn about F W Boreham?

What is it about his books/sermons/essays etc. that you particularly like?

Please hit the comment button or email me with your words and I can post them on this site
geoffpound@yahoo.com.au

Geoff Pound