Frank William Boreham 1871-1959

Frank William Boreham 1871-1959
A photo F W Boreham took of himself in 1911

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

One Thing F W Boreham Forgot To Say

One of the things F W Boreham ‘forgot to say’ (in his book of the same name), was a word about the importance of prayer.

He reflects:

“When as little more than a boy, I left my home at Tunbridge Wells and went to London, I fell under the influence of the Rev C Aubrey Price, of Clapham Park, an evangelical clergyman who exercised considerable authority in those days. I treasure some of his letters still...”

Concerning his attempts at prayer, Frank Boreham asked this wise pastor, “How can I prevent my mind from wandering off to business, to pleasure, to the novel I was reading and to a thousand things beside?”

“Take my advice,” the wise pastor replied sympathetically, “always pray aloud.”

Frank Boreham said he found this practice to be so helpful throughout the course of his life. He said, “If I sit in a chair and ponder a theme in silence, my mind wanders repeatedly: if I discuss that theme aloud, my mind never wanders at all.”

Michael Dalton and I, who have been working on the F W Boreham publishing projects, have been exercised recently on the need for us to be praying purposefully and enlisting your support for this important work.

Will you join us, like Boreham encouraged, to draw up a chair and pray aloud now for:



  • Wisdom in the selection of publishing projects

  • Joy in the tedious work of scanning the text

  • Alertness for those undertaking the meticulous job of proof reading

  • Creativity for the woman who design the covers

  • Flair for those who lay out the text

  • Efficiency for the printers as they print our first book on Thursday 22 February

  • Promptness and safety in the shipping of the books

  • Fruitfulness in the distribution, especially by the Ravi Zacharias International Ministry

  • Blessings to old time readers and the discovery of the richness of these books by a new generation of readers.

  • Provision of finance to pay the bills and seed the new publication.


And don’t forget to join in the lines of the prayer that Dr. Boreham enjoyed so much:



“We bless you for our creation, our preservation and all the blessings of life.”



Geoff Pound

Source: F W Boreham, I Forgot to Say, 79.



Image: Albrecht Durer's Praying Hands